Well after returning from Switzerland, I was back at work as busy as ever. Things were going very well with everything and I couldn't be happier about the Switzerland trip, as well as the week to come. That was until I got a phone call Tuesday night, saying my nephew was in the hospital, as his oxygen was too low, and he was also battling RSV. As upset as I was about him being sick, it also was upsetting as it meant my sister would not be bringing him to visit on Wed. This also meant plans for my Friday birthday would be changing.
After a night out with some of my co-workers on Thursday, I decided I would go to London still on Friday (as this is where I was supposed to be meeting my sister and nephew) and celebrate with my friends there. Luckily, all my my Canadian and Aussie friends were able to come out. We went for dinner at Texas Embassy...my Mexican food place...and then went to a little pub for drinks after. It was a fun night, and I was so excited I got to see everyone.
Saturday, after sleeping in for the first time in a long time, I got up and went to AbbaWorld, an exhibition in London all about Abba. My dad has got me hooked on them, ever since taking me to see Mamma Mia many years ago. This was very interesting and exciting as I got to learn about the four singers, the group, and see costumes that they wore. There were also interactive activities such as singing karaoke and dancing to Abba songs. Saturday night. I went and saw Les Miserables, for my first time ever. It was a very deep, emotional play but a very good one as well. The music was amazing. Following the show, I had a delicious dinner in China Town, which was partying like crazy for the Chinese New Years.
Sunday morning, I went to the Dinosaurs Unleashed exhibit in London. This exhibit included 22 animatronic, life size dinosaurs. Even though the place was filled with kids, I loved it very much. All of the creatures were quite amazing, if only we could see them today. After my time here, I went and saw the afternoon showing of Jersey Boys, which I had seen once before. The music in this play was as great as always, and ended the weekend for me on a high point.
After getting back to Lincoln, I saw the Carr's for the first time in two weeks, as they had been in Portugal. They gave me some really neat birthday gifts. I thought my birthday would end there, however last night, I came home to a mini surprise party. There were decorations and balloons everywhere, as well as a cake in the middle of the table,. Jaime's two best friends, who came to Centre Parcs with us weeks ago, were there to celebrate with me as well. It was such a surprise and such a fun night. It was a yummy dinner and ended with bubbly champagne. The night got even better, as I heard from my sister that she got the doctors approval to bring Asa over for a visit on Thursday. Yippee for family, friends and good times!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment