Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Happy New Year!!

Yes, it has been a while since I last posted, but I have been on an amazing cruise with the best family a girl could ask for. I will back up a little, and tell you all the events of the past week...although I feel like my vacation was a lot longer!

On Christmas Eve, I said goodbye to my co-workers, as well as the Carr's, and headed into London. I was staying at a hotel near the airport because I had an early flight Christmas morning. And so my Christmas was spent in a plane, pretty much the entire day. And, lets say my flight to Miami was one of the worst flights I have ever been on. There was a medical emergency an hour into the flight...due to this emergency, for the remaining 10 hours of the flight, no food or drink was served. On top of all this the plane was bouncing up and down the entire time. But, I made it to Miami, hopped on another flight to Puerto Rico where my dad picked me up!!!! We headed to Ruth Chris Steakhouse, where my mom and grandmother awaited my arrival. It was so great to sit down and be with my family, especially on Christmas night. Walt, a family friend, and his wife, met us as well, and we all enjoyed a delicious Christmas dinner. Once we got back to the hotel, my family and I enjoyed opening gifts.

Saturday morning I enjoyed laying by the beach and pool, until it was time to head to the cruise ship. We met up with Lyle ( a professor from Louisville that I know from the banking school at SMU and who my dad teaches with occasionally) and his wife...they were joining us on the cruise. The cruise was fabulous and very relaxing, which is what we were looking for. We sailed from San Juan to the islands of Grenada, St. Marteen, Barbados, Tobago, and Dominica. Most days we would get off the ship, souvenir shop for about an hour and then head back to the ship and lay by the pool the entire day, but in Tobago and Dominica we took tours of the islands, which took us to forts, waterfalls, churches, botanical gardens, and beaches. We had bright sun most of the time and hot weather, which was a nice change from snowy England. The food was delicious as always, the shows on board were amazing, and people that we met were very nice. All in all a wonderful, relaxing trip.

My trip was extended a day, as my flight was oversold and I was offered $500, plus hotel, food, and taxis, to stay an extra day/night in Puerto Rico. Of course I said yes, and I ended up at a nice hotel, while getting a chance to lie on the beach, and watch the sunset one last time in the Caribbean.

Now, I am finally back in England. The snow is continuing to fall...alot...which according to everyone is the most snow and coldest winter Lincoln has had in 25 year. It's hard to believe I am a little more than half way done with my time here but the fun is continuing as I have exciting trips in the coming 3 months.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2010 and my blessings and thoughts are with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment